About Cloud Hosting
We at Best Cloud Server are passionate about giving you all the current and up-to-date info about cloud hosting. We feel that by providing the best and most up-to-date info about all the players in the cloud hosting field, you can make the best decision about cloud hosting products and services. Best Cloud Server is also the place to post your feedback. The top cloud hosting provider will be voted on by YOU. We want you to tell us your experience with any cloud hosting provider to ultimately discover which is the best.
Over the last decade, the web hosting industry has evolved slowly. Cloud hosting will change all that over the next couple of years. Cloud hosting has been broadly defined as an on-demand, pay-as-you-go, high-availability service, as opposed to an order-to-provision, annually-contracted, configure-your-own-backups and buy-or-lease-your-servers kind of a service.
A cloud hosting provider uses a cluster of servers with redundant disks, memory, CPUs to create a ‘cloud’. In simple words, cloud hosting allows you to use a web server for an hour, pay for an hour and be done with it. Think of it as a service like the electricity in your home, which you can switch on and off as required.
Cloud Hosting allows a user to scale infinity the servers they would like to use. At the click of a button you can power up another server to scale to your demand. If you have a website that is expecting high volume you can scale to meet your needs and then scale down when you are done. You can chose from different operating systems, configurations, and multiple instance types. This helps with costs to only pay for what you use. You only pay for the amount of bandwidth and computing power that you consume.
Frequently Asked Questions around Cloud Hosting:
Who is Cloud Hosting Guy?
My real name is John and I have been in the online marketing world since 1999. The company I work for, NetHosting, has been in the online hosting industry since 1995. NetHosting is dedicated to providing everyone with the best solutions and hosting provider. I would love to help you out and answer any questions that you may have. Drop me a line at info [@] bestcloudserver.com.
Is Cloud Hosting Secure?
In terms of security, absolute security, the only computer or server which is secure is one which is shut down, unplugged and buried 10 feet under the ground (wi-fi disabled of course!). The cloud hosting model changes little in what exist as security threats to traditional hosting. Website security is one of the most important things out there and we help provide the top cloud security hosting companies out there.
How is my VPS Hosting different from Cloud Hosting?
The differences between traditional VPS and cloud hosting are:
- Cloud hosting allows you to create servers on-demand and in real-time. VPS services do not.
- With cloud hosting you can delete/upgrade/downgrade servers on-demand and in real time. Again, VPS does not offer you that.
- VPS services are based on monthly or yearly plans, whereas cloud hosting is pay-as-you-go.
- Cloud hosting helps you create custom images of your servers and build servers from these. This is not available in VPS.
- Cloud Hosting, as opposed to VPS, guarantees you a minimum computing resource availability.
I have a small web site. Should I care if my web hosting provider uses cloud hosting or traditional hosting?
- You should. In case of a disaster, a cloud-hosting-based provider will be able to recover sooner. This means that your web site will have a lower downtime.
- Real time statistics
- Cloud hosting will allow your web hosting provider to ensure that backup recovery is fail-safe. So, this will mean better data protection for you.
- You will only have to pay for what you use. No more paying for what you don’t need.
- Easier to manage
Why Should I Trust Best Cloud Server?
We want you to find the Best Cloud Server on the market. Amazon EC2, GoGrid, Hostt and Rackspace, were the first companies offering cloud hosting services. Since then there have been several other cloud hosting providers that have provided cloud hosting services similar to them. We want YOU to decide for yourself which of all the TOP CLOUD PROVIDERS is the best.
Explain What Cloud Hosting is Again